The three tips

A newlywed couple, he was very poor and lived off the favors of an inland town. One day, the husband made the following proposal to his wife: Dear I'm going to leave the house.

I will travel far away, find a job and work until I have conditions to return and give you a more comfortable and dignified life. I don't know how long I'm going to be away; I ask only one thing: to wait for me, and as long as I am away, be faithful to me, for I will be faithful to you."

So, while still young, he walked many days on foot, until he found a landowner who was needing someone to help him on his estate. The young man came and offered to work and was accepted. He asked to make a deal with his boss, which was accepted as well.

The pact was this: Let me work for as long as I want, and when I find that I must leave, the lord frees me from my duties. I don't want to get my salary. I ask the gentleman to put him in a savings account until the day I leave. The day I get out, you. will give me the money I've earned."

Agreeing, that young man worked for 20 years, without a vacation and without rest.

After twenty years, he came up to his employer and said, Pattern, I want my money, for I want to go home." The boss replied, "All right, we made a pact and I'm going to keep it. I just want to make you a proposal first, okay? I give you your money and you leave, or I give you three tips and I don't give you the money and you go. If I give you the money, I don't give you the advice and vice versa. Go to your room, think about it, and then give me the answer." He thought for two days, looked for the master, and said, "I want THE THREE TIPS" The pattern reminded him: If I give you the advice, I don't give you the money." And the employee replied, "I want the advice, " The boss then advised him:

* NEVER TAKE SHORTCUTS IN YOUR LIFE. Shorter, stranger roads can cost you your life.

* NEVER BE CURIOUS OF WHAT REPRESENTS EVIL, for curiosity about evil can be fatal

* NEVER MAKE DECISIONS IN MOMENTS OF HATE AND PAIN, as you may regret it too late.

After giving him the advice, the teacher told the young man that he was no longer so much: HERE YOU HAVE THREE PANES: two to eat during the trip and the third is to eat with your wife, when you arrive at your house." The man, then, went on his way back, twenty years away from his home and his wife that he loved so much.

After the first day of travel, he found a person who greeted him and asked, "Where are you going?" He replied, "I'm going for a very distant road that's more than twenty days walk down this road." The person then said to him, "Young man, this path is very long. I know a shortcut with which you will arrive in a few days." The young man, contented, began to walk the shortcut, when he remembered the first council. Then he went back on the normal path. Days later, he learned that the shortcut was carrying an ambush.

After a few days of travel, and tired to the extreme, he found a boarding house on the side of the road, where he could stay. He paid the fee per day and, after taking a bath, went to bed. In the early hours he rose frightened with a terrifying cry. He jumped up and went to the door to go where he heard the cry. When he was opening the door, he remembered the second council. He came back and went to bed. At dawn, after drinking coffee, the inn owner asked if he had heard the scream and he replied that he had heard it.

The owner of the inn asked him "And he wasn't curious"? he said no. To which the owner replied, "You are the first guest to come out alive from here, for my only son has a crisis of madness; screams during the night and when the guest goes out, kills him and burys him in the quintal."

The young man followed his long journey, eager to get home.

After many days and nights of walking, already at dusk, he saw among the trees smoke coming out of the chimney of his small house. He walked and saw in bushes the silhouette of his wife. She was getting dark, but she could see that she wasn't alone. He walked a little longer and saw that she had on his lap, a man he was stroking his hair. When he saw that scene, his heart was filled with hatred and bitterness and he decided to run to meet the two of them and kill them mercilessly. He took a deep breath, hurried his steps, when he remembered the third counsel. Then he stood and reflected and decided to sleep right there that night and the next day he made a decision.

At dawn, already with a cold head, he said: I will NOT KILL MY WIFE. I'm going to go back to my employer and ask him to accept me back, only before, I want to tell my wife that I've always been faithful to her."

He went to the door of the house and knocked. When the wife opened the door for him and recognized him, he hung himself by his neck and hugged him affectionately. He tried to get it off her, but he didn't make it. Then, with tears in his eyes, he said unto him, I was faithful unto you, and thou betrayed me.

She frightenedly replied, "How? I never betrayed you. I waited for you for twenty years." He then asked, "And who was that man you caressed yesterday afternoon? And she said, "THAT MAN IS OUR SON. When you left, I found out I was pregnant. Today he is twenty years old." Then the husband came in, met, hugged his son and told them his whole story, while his wife prepared dinner.

They sat down to eat the last bread together. After the prayer of thanks, with tears of emotion, he broke the bread and as he opened it, he found all his money: paying his twenty years of dedication.


ManHistories


Comments

Popular Posts