The history of seeds


Two seeds were together in the fertile spring soil.

The first seed said:

"I want to grow up!" I want to sink my roots into the depth of the soil that supports me and make my shoots push and break the layer of earth that covers me ... I want to unfold my tender shoots like banners that announce the arrival of spring ... I want to feel the warmth of the sun on my face and the blessing of the morning dew on my petals!

And so it grew.

The second seed said:

-I'm scared. If I send my roots to sink into the ground, I don't know what to stumble over in the dark. If I break through the hard soil I can damage my delicate buds ... If I let my buds open, maybe a snail will try to eat them ... If I open my flowers, maybe some child will tear me out of the ground. No, it is much better to wait until a safe time.

And so he waited.

A hen that, at the beginning of spring, was digging the ground in search of food, found the seed it was waiting for and ate it without loss of time.

               MORALEJA: Those who refuse to take risks and grow are devoured by life.



ManHistories

 

Comments

Popular Posts