Drop the glass


I
n ancient Greece, Socrates was famous for his wisdom and for the great respect he had for everyone. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said: Do you know what I heard about your friend? Wait a minute, 'Socrates replied. Before telling me anything I would like you to pass a little exam. I call it the triple filter exam. Triple filter? Correct, 'Socrates continued. Before you tell me about my friend, it may be a good idea to triple filter what you are going to say, which is why I call it the triple filter test. The first filter is the truth. Are you absolutely sure that what you are going to tell me is true? No, "said the man," I really only heard about it and ... Okay, "Socrates said. so, you do not really know if is true or not? The second filter, the filter of goodness. Is what you are going to tell me about my friend something good? No, on the contrary… So, you want to tell me something bad about him, but you're not sure if it's true. The third filter of the utility Will it help me to know what you are going to tell me about my friend? No the truth is no. Well, "Socrates concluded," if what you want to tell me is not true, not good, and even not useful, why would I want to know?

A psychologist in a group session raised a glass of water, everyone expected the typical question: Is it half full or half empty? However, he asked:

- How much does this glass weigh?

The answers varied between 200 and 250 grams.

The psychologist replied: «The absolute weight is not important, it depends on how long I hold it. If I hold it for 1 minute, it's no problem, if I hold it for an hour, my arm will hurt, if I hold it for 1 day, my arm will go numb and paralyzed. The weight of the glass does not change, but the longer I hold it, the heavier, the more difficult it becomes to bear. "

And he continued: «Worries are like a glass of water. If you think about them for a while, nothing happens. If you think a little more they start to hurt and if you think about them all day, you end up feeling paralyzed, unable to do anything. "

Remember to drop the glass!!!

 

Manhistories

Comments

Popular Posts