The Windshield Washer


It was about eleven at night. For several minutes I had left my girlfriend at home. The high lights touched my Robelo Plastics.

A person walked toward the vehicle and immediately put on the safety. He was a young man with a dirty face in her right hand brandishing a rag pretending to clean the windscreen.

I said not without much enthusiasm. He insisted and my patience ran out, I felt the blood rush to my head and down the glass of my window and faced the young almost crying, I told you no!.

The first appearance he made was rubber paste, however carefully to fix me I noticed his face was dirty, pale and with a look of sadness. With so dirty rag that I am rather going to dirty glass.

He under his head and remained silent. The young man's humble attitude shocked me.

I felt uncomfortable and to try to defuse the situation said: Why do not you buy a shovel and clean glass and give a good service. I do not have money softly replied that looked like a whisper. Well save and buy one I answered. He raised his eye and said: Okay sir.

The incident, perhaps because it is so common in our capital, I forgot. Time passed and one night in the same light a young man blowing hair and a contagious smile happily approached me and asked: Now if the Lord lets me clean glass.

The couple looked radiant, as if a ray of happiness light up your life. I was undaunted few moments, until I got to admit it. It was the same kid that incident.

Now he was clean and brandished in his right hand a stick with which clean the glass.

Look, Don, said the young man, I ignored him, I saved and bought my cleanser, now I'm doing great. A laugh erupted from my heart, was the exhumation of guilt for my arrogance a few months ago. Of course the young man answered and efficiently clean the windscreen. I paid for their services and graciously thanked.

At night I reviewed the events. This young man had no resources and no hope. But the need and willingness to move forward enough to grab a choice: change your rag by a more efficient and improve their incomes. He tried and succeeded.

Many times, I wondered, many of us with more resources and study, we sank into the despair and fall into disrepair and neglect.

This simple young, poor and illiterate perhaps showed me, by example, the light that many times we need to see in the darkness of discouragement and despair to return to try again, to innovate faith in ourselves and rise with success, with the victory.

Sometimes we lose the ability to see beyond what is before our eyes. A person can be stripped, but with a great capacity to improve. They just need someone who will not cry, if not a friendly hand to guide them. Today we can guide someone.

Comments

Popular Posts