Gifts of love


In the center of my city had opened a new store. The sign read: buscar"GIFTS OF LOVE". I come into. An old man with eyes of a child attending to customers.

- What sells? - I asked

- Buy any gift of love

- They are expensive?

- No, the gifts of love are always free. I looked at the shelves. They were full of "confidence amphorae", "jars of value", "soaps of consciousness", "power boxes" and much more ...

I had the need of it. I went to the elderly.

Give me a little box of everything, please?

I was surprised to see that the old man had made me a small package placed on the counter. I picked up the package, put it in the palm of my hand, looked at him and exclaimed:

"That's all? "The old man softly explained to me:

- If everything. Life does not give the ripe fruits, only seeds that everyone should cultivate. Confused thanked him and said goodbye with a shy smile.

Although disappointed, during a trip to my apartment with those seeds in my hands, I felt powerful. Once home I shut the door and threw myself on the bed. For the first time in my life listened to a few nuggets negligible. While enjoying the peace and quiet of my room, I could not avoid a sense of hope.

As the days passed, my joy was decreasing. My fear of making mistakes paralyzed me. Whenever I had to make a decision to grow my seeds asking friends. Due to ignorance of the experts, I decided to ask strangers. Nobody wore agree. As a result, shortly after visiting the store, I quit my job, I took a backpack and traveled throughout several countries. I found no answers.

Back in my apartment, watching my seeds and more confusion in my head, I cried.

The next morning, I woke up with a firm idea of returning to the gift shop. As he walked toward the counter, I realized that the old man smiled at me.

-I expected. You've been slow to return

- Was convinced that having the seeds it would be easier, but has not grown at all. "I showed him the package he gave me four years ago. The old man stared at mine.

-My dear girl, you may have learned the most important lesson. "Fear not let anything grow." -Hearing her words, I felt the release of an answer that I was trapped. I looked at the features of man, his gray eyes had a glow that marked a leisurely look.


- Do not be afraid to make mistakes. Mistakes are an important and necessary part of the learning process

- Tell me, how he knows that not wrong? - I asked

- I'll summarize in two words: good decisions - he said. Not satisfied with the answer, I asked again

- And how she manages to make the right decisions?

-I'll summarize in a word, experience. The conversation became more and more confusing for me. I insisted.

-how achieved his experience?
-I summed up in two words: bad decisions. -In marked wrinkles his brow.

-with the passage of time, to make mistakes, we learn and grow, have you felt bad lately by some mistake you've made?

- If ever

- Then analyzes what did you do wrong, be sure not to do. Forgive yourself and move on. "He stopped and fixed his eyes on mine.

- When you do not feel confident enough to take risks to do something, remember that even bad decisions can be an excellent opportunity for evolution. The only way to learn to make good decisions, that is taking some bad. So, think no more. Dare to make bad decisions. Do it with all your courage, for after all you become a wiser person and your seeds will bear fruit.

During that night and the nights following the words of the old man thought.

Now I am sure the day I walked into that strange love gift shop, started in me a metamorphosis.

Comments

Popular Posts