The Manger


In 1994, two Americans answered an invitation that they would forward the Department of Education of Russia.

The invitation was to teach morality and ethics in public schools, based on biblical principles

Were to teach at prisons, businesses, the fire department and police in a large orphanage.

In the orphanage there were nearly 100 children who had been abandoned, abused and left in state hands.

From there came the story told by the same visitors:


Approaching the holiday season of 1994, children of the orphanage came to hear for the first time the traditional Christmas story

We told them about Mary and Joseph arriving in Bethlehem, and found no place in the inns, so they had to go to a barn, where finally the baby Jesus was born and laid in a manger.

Throughout history, children and employees of the orphanage could not contain his astonishment.

Some sat on the edge of your seat trying to catch every word.


After the story, we gave the children three small pieces of cardboard to make a crude manger.

Each boy was given a square of paper cut from yellow napkins I had brought with me.

In the city could not find a single piece of colored paper.

Following instructions, the boys cut and folded the paper carefully placing the strips as straw.

A few tiny squares of flannel, cut from an old nightgown an American lady forgot to from Russia, were used to make the baby blanket.

A brown felt we brought in the United States, cut the figure of a baby.

While orphans were busy assembling their manger, I walked among them to see if they needed any help.

All went well until it reaches where little Misha sat.

He looked about six years and had finished his work.

When you look at the crib was surprised to see not a single child within him, but twice.

Call quickly to the translator to ask why there were two babies in the manger.

Misha crossed his arms and looking at the manger scene began to repeat the story very seriously.

As the story of a boy who had heard the Christmas story once was fine, until I reach the part where Mary put the baby in the manger.

There Misha began to invent their own ending to the story, said:

When Mary left the baby in the manger, Jesus looked at me and asked me if I had a place to be.
I said I had no mom or dad, and had no place to be.

Then Jesus told me I could be there with him

I told him I could not, because I had no gift to give.

But I wanted to stay with Jesus, so I thought that thing was he could give Him as a gift, I thought it might be a good gift to give heat.

So I asked Jesus: If I give you heat, how that would be a good gift for you?

And Jesus told me. If you give me warmth, that would be the best gift ever received.

So I got into the manger and Jesus looked at me and said I could stay there forever.

... When the little Misha finished his story, his eyes shining with tears soaking her cheeks.

He covered his face, hang my head on the table and his shoulders began to shake a deep cry ...

The little orphan had found someone who would never abandon nor would abuse it.

Someone who would be with him forever.


Thanks to Misha, I learned that they are not the things we have in this life that matter ...


But those who have, they are the ones that really matter.


Do not flaunt your birth, position, spiritual qualities or achievements. Keep in mind the nature of all things, and live a full life and full of joy.

Comments

Popular Posts