A perfect error


My grandfather loved life - especially when he could make a joke on someone. Until a cold Sunday in Chicago, my grandfather thought that God had played a joke. So he did not make much grace.

He was a carpenter. That day he had been particularly in the Church by a wooden trunks for clothes and other items sent to an orphanage in China.

When returning home, reached into his shirt pocket to remove his glasses, but they were not there. He was sure of having been brought there that morning, so he returned to the Church. The sought but not found.

Then he realized that the glasses had fallen from his shirt pocket without him realizing it, while working on the trunks that had already closed and packed.
His new glasses were heading to China!

The Great Depression was at its height and Grandpa had six children. He had spent $ 20 on these lenses. It is not God just told frustrated while driving back home. I have done a good deed by donating my time and money and now this.

Several months later, the Director of the orphanage was visiting the United States. I wanted to visit all the churches who had helped him when he was in China, so it was a Sunday night to the little church where my grandfather attended in Chicago. My grandfather and his family were sitting among the faithful, as usual. The missionary began by thanking people for their kindness in supporting the orphanage with donations.

But mostly, I said thank you through the lens they sent. You see, the Communists had entered the orphanage, destroying everything they had, including my glasses. I was desperate!
Even when I had the money to buy other, there was nowhere. Besides not being able to see well, every day I had severe headaches, so my colleagues and I were asking a lot to God for this. Then came their donations. When my classmates took everything, they found a pair of glasses over one of the boxes.

The missionary paused long as allowing all digested his words. Then, still amazed, he continued: "Friends, when I put on my glasses, it was as if they had been commanded to do just for me I want to thank you for being part of this!.

Everyone listened, and were happy for the miraculous glasses. But the missionary Church should have been confused, they thought. There were no glasses on the list of products that had been sent to China.

But sitting back in silence, with tears in his eyes, an ordinary carpenter realized the Master Carpenter had used him in an extraordinary way.


God is always with him who calls his open heart and deep faith. There is nothing impossible for God.

ManHistories

Comments

Popular Posts