Half of the blanket


Don Roque was already an old man when his wife died. For many years he had worked hard to raise her family.

His greatest wish was to see his son become a good man, respected by others, and that to achieve dedicated his life and his little fortune.

At seventy Don Roque was helpless, hopeless, alone and full of memories.

He hoped that his son, now brilliant professional, offered him their support and understanding, but the days pass without seeing it appear, and decided for the first time in his life ask a favor of his son.

Don Roque knocked on the door of the house where the child lived with his family.

- Hi, Dad!, What a surprise to come by here!

- You know I do not like to disturb you, but I feel very lonely, I'm also tired and old.

- Well, we're delighted that you come to visit, you know that this is your home.

- Thanks son, I knew I could count on you, but feared to be a nuisance.

- So do not bother me to stay and live with you?, I feel so alone!

- Staying to live here?, yes ... of course .. but I do not know if you would at home. You know, the house is small ... my wife is very special ... and then the children ...

- Look son, if you forget it caused great discomfort. Do not worry about me, someone I tend hand.

- No parent, not that. Just ... I can not think where you might sleep. I can not get anyone out of his room, my children will not forgive me ... or just not bother you ...

- What?

"Sleeping in the backyard ...

- Sleeping in the yard is fine.

Don Roque's son called his son Louis of twelve.

- Tell me dad.

- Look, son, your grandfather will live with us. Bring her a blanket to cover at night.

- Yes, we're ... And where will you sleep?

- In the yard, does not bother us at fault.

Luis came up the blanket, took scissors and cut it in half. At that moment came
his father.

- What are you doing Luis? Why cut the rug of your grandfather?

- You know Dad, I was thinking ...

- Thinking about what?

- In keeping half of the blanket for when you're old and go to live in my house.

ManHistories

Comments

Popular Posts